Following initial dialogue with Hampshire County Council (HCC) and after consultation with the village, most of the the resulting roads proposal has been accepted by HCC
The re-signage will not significantly increase the number of signs through the village and will only re-instate one existing road marking
Works will be under way over the coming weeks to renew the signage through the village, adjust the road marking around the Denmead corner
HCC have confirmed that the works will take place in a number of steps
- Firstly the re-signage will occur, this will replace old signs with their new equivalents
- New "Gateway Features" will be installed at both ends of the village in order to notify drivers that they are entering a village
- Additional pedestrian in road signs will be installed at the gateway along Wolf's Lane and on the Alton side of the underpass.
- A small number of existing signs will be removed.
- Some sections of pavement will be re-surfaced (the exact locations are still under debate)
Additional phases will look to
- Correct the parking issue by the pub which is causing problems for wider vehicles, particularly the busses and coaches that use the village
- Reduce the speed limit through the village to 20mph. We have been advised that this will take a fairly long time to progress, due to the process HCC have to follow.
- Reduce the speed limit along Wolf's lane to 40mph. This will be supported by the recent government changes to rural roads
For additional information, please contact a member of the parish council
|< Prev||Next >|