Careful consideration was given during the design phase of this web site to ensure that the viability of the village magazine was not affected by this sites creation.
Both the magazine and web site serve different needs
The magazine provides
- To people who do not have computers or the Internet
- A monthly update and news
- Services to both Chawton and Farringdon.
- Local advertising
The web site provides
- Information for visitors planning to come to Chawton, due to our heritage
- Information on local events to people outside of Chawton or the village magazine circulation.
- The ability for the village to communicate with greater frequency, for example during major changes to the village, as has been needed during a number of recent planning submissions and the roads re-signing.
- A document repository for things the village may have an interest in, such as parish council minutes, various committee minutes or external documents from EHDC or HCC
- A photo gallery, both past and present.
- The ability for us to provide links to external planning applications. EHDC only allow a 21 day response period.
- Electronic links to other local and regional Internet web sites that are relevant to the village
It is important that two key principles are maintained
- All advertising for both the web site and magazine will be coordinated via the village magazine
- All existing events and content which is currently published in the magazine, continues to do so.
|< Prev||Next >|